Friday, February 14, 2014

J&J Engagement

Happy Valentines Day everybody! Today I give you my first blog of many! 
This month I had the privilege of shooting an engagement with this amazingly adorable couple. I have shot with the bride to be, Julia, in the past, and was SO excited when she asked me to shoot her engagement. Her and Josh are always fun and entertaining to be around, their love and lightheartedness is infectious to everyone who crosses their path. 


Josh and Julia met in November 2012, and it was pretty much love at first sight. After a failed attempt at watching a meteor shower in Palos Verdes, they spent the entire night laughing and bonding. That same night they knew they were meant for each other. Like a scene from a movie, accompanied by La Vie en Rose by Louie Armstrong they shared the first of many kisses. 
A little less than a than a year later on July 28th 2013, Josh made it official. He asked Julia to marry him on a camping trip they went on for his birthday. 
However, like their first date the day did not go quite as originally planned. After getting lost on a hike, and fighting off bugs and Julia having only a few panic attacks, they found their way to a beautiful secluded beach. There Josh pulled out Julia's great-great-great-grandmothers ring, got down on one knee and proposed; but instead of saying yes the first words out of her mouth were "and after I yelled at you?!" 
And the rest my friends, is history.












Josh and Julia are the perfect mix between best friends and lovers. Throughout the entire time we were together on this shoot we were laughing at everything. When I asked Julia what her favorite thing to do with Josh is her response was
"Laugh. No matter what we are doing, we always laugh. Whether it's a disastrous camping trip, a hike, or a day of thrift store shopping, or sitting at home doing absolutely nothing, we always have a great laugh. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with him; he brings out my silliness and embraces my weirdness and I've never had someone make me laugh like he does."


The theme of their wedding is rustic and vintage, a perfect fit for their venue The Loft on Pine. 
Although Julia is most excited for the ceremony, her groom is most excited for the FOOD! 







   













The End 

No comments:

Post a Comment